Welcome To ProActive’s Women’s Pelvic Floor Rehab
Do You Live in The Louisville, KY Area and Looking for Treatment Options for Pelvic Pain, Urinary Incontinence and/or Pregnancy or Postpartum Issues?
Why We Started The Program
We understand that it can be nerve-wrecking talking to a new provider about such sensitive topics. We started this program to change the way exams look by creating a welcoming environment where we actually take the time to Listen and Understand “YOU”. No more walking out of the exam room feeling like you weren’t fully heard and understood. No more paper gowns and paper sheets.
That all stops right now!
We take a “person first, patient second” approach in which we take the time to truly understand YOU as a woman. At the end of the day, we want to provide you with the tools and education so that you can make the best decisions about YOUR health!
We Want To Help You Understand “The Pelvic Floor” and If You May Have A Pelvic Floor Disorder
If you are experiencing any of the following you may have a pelvic floor disorder:
1. Urinary incontinence – bladder leakage?
2. Fecal incontinence- bowel leakage?
3. Bladder pain or burning with urination?
4. Difficulty starting the stream of urine?
5. Frequent urination or strong urges to urinate?
6. Constipation and/or straining to have a BM?
7. Several bowel movements in a short period of time?
8. Inability to complete a bowel movement?
9. Rectal pain and/or pressure before, during or after a bowel movement or just with sitting?
10. Low back pain?
11. A feeling of something falling out of the vagina?
12. Painful intercourse?
If you have noticed any of these symptoms you may be suffering from a pelvic floor issues.
Physical therapy can improve the stability of the pelvic region therefore eliminating pain, dysfunction and incontinence. Consequently, reducing the need for surgery, medication or other costly procedures!
Speak To A Women's Health Specialist
We Interviewed Hundreds of Women To Get Their Perspective On Their Past Experiences With Healthcare Providers
(Below are some of the top statements that we heard)
- “I’m tired of going to the Doctor and feeling like I’m being rushed without my questions being fully answered.”
- “I hate feeling like I have never had a practitioner take the time to get a true understanding of MY specific wants, needs, values and concerns.”
- “I get anxiety when putting on those dreaded paper gowns and covering myself only with a piece of paper.”
- “I’m tired of feeling like I don’t have a choice about my health and told what to do without an explanation?”
- I’m tired of being told to do “Kegels” without any explanation on how to correctly do them?
“I AM READY TO TAKE MY HEALTH BACK INTO MY OWN HANDS”
If you can relate to the aforementioned questions, we are here to inform you that we hear YOU and are here to change the paradigm in Women’s Healthcare!
Some Of The Issues That We Address
- Leaking urine with movement, laughing, coughing, sneezing
- Bladder control problems
- Not making it to the bathroom in time
- Uncontrollable urge to empty bladder
- Frequent trip to the bathroom
- Feeling like you can’t empty your bladder
- Getting up at night to urinate
- Difficulty getting urine stream started
- Pain with sex (before, during or after)
- Pelvic pressure, heaviness or feeling of “falling out”
- Birth preparation
- Back, hip or pelvic pain during pregnancy
- Postpartum recovery
- Problematic scars from C-section or episiotomy
- Pelvic pain
- Painful Periods
- Pain with gynecologic exams
- Scar tissue from breast augmentation, tummy tuck, etc
- Scar tissue from oncological procedures and medication
Inquire About Cost and Availability
Some Of Treatments That We Utilize To Address Issues
- Manual Therapy (internal and external)
- Specialized Massage
- Relaxation Techniques
- Passive Stretching
- Pelvic Floor and Core Strengthening
- Body Mechanics and Ergonomics Training
- Postural correction and flexibility exercises
- Functional Strengthening (Preconception, during pregnancy and Postpartum)
- Bladder Retraining
How Are We Different From Other Women’s Health Practices
We LISTEN with the intent to UNDERSTAND! Our goal is to create a safe space that you can feel comfortable sharing the issues that you may be facing. We understand that these can be very sensitive topics and can be hard to find a healthcare professional you trust enough to share them with. We want to empower you to make the best decisions about your health. Our goal is to take a holistic approach by treating you as a person and not just the symptoms that you are having. Think of us as a coffee shop or spa that just so happens to have Doctor’s of Physical Therapy working at it!
<<< To Apply For A FREE Women's Health Assessment>>>
We are here to help you make the best decision about your health and understand that not everyone is ready to make a commitment. That’s why we want to offer you our free resource book titled:
“9 Strategies To Understand And Relieve Your Pelvic Floor Dysfunction Without Costly Procedures Or Dangerous Painkillers” >>>>
This resource guide offers tips that you can start utilizing TODAY to help ease your pelvic pain, pregnancy pain and/or urinary incontinence.
“Now I have someone that’s specifically hands-on, Megan this is your plan and not just a generic plan for someone who has back pain…”
“I have seen other people through hospital supported physical therapists, ones that insurance paid and they are no where near where I am right now.”
“Those core exercises and lower back exercises that Dr. Brandon taught me has made all the difference because I’m not even sore anymore.”
Hear What People Are Saying!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I Suffered a broken back 3 years ago after an accident. Although my back had “healed” i had been in and out of physical therapy, pain management, orthopedic appointments, injections and medications just trying to get back to my normal, active life i had known before. Nothing was working and i was feeling very discouraged. I was in some form of pain every day. Then i met Brandon at a ProActive! He listened to my story, took notes, asked questions and took a true interest in wanting to help me get my life back. He assured me it was possible! I have been working with Brandon for the past 3 months and I’ve not felt this good since the accident. I’ve learned a lot about how my body works and ways to keep getting stronger. I am now back to walking everyday, exercising and hiking with my husband and my pain has been reduced by 90%! I do not use pain medications or injections. I couldn’t be happier with the results or the personal care and attention i received from Brandon at ProActive. It has been worth every penny to get my life back! – Michelle Evens
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Brandon is absolutely amazing. I had a prior back injury from bootcamp and it prevented me from doing a lot of things that I love. After a few months of physical therapy I felt tremendously better. Therapy has also improved my workouts. Before therapy I could only deadlift 100 now I can proudly say I can do 215 on my deadlift. – Allicesen Moreland